Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pure Joy

I don't even know where to begin on updating you all on my life in Redding.   Words can hardly describe what God is doing in and through me.  I defiantly know without a shadow of a doubt that this is where I am supposed to be!

This past week I my cousin Holly came out to  fully experience Bethel.  While she was here she blessed us with her photography skills!  We went to the sundial bridge and had a blast!   Here is a picture of me with all of my roommates.  If you are interested in know more about the ins and outs of our house in Redding check out our facebook page.  We have decided to call our house Elle home.  If you visit our facebook page makes sure you take a look at the photo album called Bios.  This will give you a little inside scoop about each of us.

Joy....have you ever experienced pure joy?! A joy that comes from the Holy Spirit...a joy that is indescribable, irresistible, and undeniable.  As many of you know I am NOT a morning person by any means.  But I truly believe that the Holy Spirit is working within my heart, soul and mind and changing me.  Over the past 2-3 weeks within about 5 minutes of waking up some mornings I will be laughing and smiling before even getting out of bed.  Now, this is not the normal Kelly!  Then often times in class I find myself so overjoyed that I will just start giggling...which then turns into laughing!  God is so so good, and He loves it when we smile and laugh with him!  I am realizing that I don't think I laughed enough before...and now I probably can't go two days without laughing!  (and as I am writing this I am surrounded by two of my best roommates...laughing!!)

In class we have been learning lots about the fathers heart for us!  Do you honestly realize the extend of God's love for you??  God loves you so so so much!  More than you can ever imagine...and he love you the most!  Well actually He loves me the most.  Try telling yourself that every day...and see how it changes your mind set.  God loves ME the most!!!!

I have been overjoyed with the amount of worship I get here!  Five days a week I get to worship with fellow believers and it is amazing!  GOD IS SO GOOD!  When we invite him into our lives we get to experience pure freedom and joy.   We are free from bondage, the bondage of sin, and have gained full access to the Holy Spirit!  I have found that the prefect outlet to express that freedom is in worship.  Being able to fully express myself before the Lord without holding anything back.  Have you ever truly danced as if you have felt undignified like David before the Lord?  God wants all of us...not just the part of us that is utterly composed all the time.  He wants our all in all!  

I am realizing that after only 9 months here I am going to be changed.  Even though I have not always been a person who is found of change...I know that this will be a change for the better.  I am excited for the journey...and I can't wait for what God is going to do next!!  Stay tuned....and I will try not to wait so long before writing again :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment