Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Week!

I have officially been living in Redding, CA for a week now, and it has been amazing!  I am living in a furnished house with 6 other girls (kinda feels like I am back in college again).  So far we are all getting along great!  We had our first dinner together this week and plan to have family dinners once a week!  I can already tell that this is going to be a great community of girls to live with!

We have quite the diversity in my house.  The girls range in age from 18 to 27 and are from all over the world (Minnesota, Illinois, California, Missouri, Canada, Switzerland, and Germany!)  Along with that my roommate Megan is a little person!  We get along great and we just found a kids bike that will attach to the back of my bike on Craigslist so that we can ride to school together!  We have been laughing about it this past week and are kinda excited about the scene we are going to make when we bike to class!  (A picture of us riding our bike coming soon!)

As for school...it is AMAZING!!!  In just the first 3 days I am amazed at what God is doing in my heart! On a usual week I will have class from about 10am - 3:45pm Monday through Thursday.  Every day starts with worship for 1 hr.  Which is so wonderful!  There are about 1200 of us in my class and we all meet at the convention center.  Imagine 1200 people in passionate love for Jesus singing and praising God for an hour!  (this honestly is unlike any experience I have had!)  This past week has kinda felt like I have been at a conference.  After worship we listened to 2-3 speakers.  This week was Bill Johnson and Kris Vallotton.  Who were both so interesting.  I am continually being amazed at how the Bible seems to be coming alive to me in a whole knew way!  At times I feel like the words are just popping off the page, like God is speaking directly to me!

Along with going to class the reading has already begun.  And as most of you know...I am NOT a reader!  But I guess God can change anything!  So far I am really enjoying it!  Over the summer I was required to read the book "When Heaven Invades Earth" by Bill Johnson and currently I am reading another one of his books called "Hosting the Presence."  Both of these books have really been opening my mind and heart to the Holy Spirit, and I would definitely recommend them to ALL of you!  I know that for many of you they may be a little bit out of the box...but guess what God can not be put in a box because He is God!  I would love to hear any of your thoughts about these books if you have a chance to read them :o)

Well...I believe that is it for now!  If anyone likes to get mail...I love sending letters and if you write me...I will write you!  780 Locust St, Redding, CA 96001.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers, and let me know if I can be praying for any of you!  So far I have continued to see God answer prayers....

  1. I am getting along Great with my roommates...and it honestly seems like we have been living together for longer than just one week!  
  2. The transition of being back in school (which I said I was never going to do...he he he)  has been wonderful!
Love you all....and Yes...I still do miss Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment