Sunday, September 2, 2012

Anticipation starting...

Tonight makes the end of one chapter in my life and the beginning of another!  I have been a nurse at Amplatz Children's Hospital for almost 4 years caring for kids that need bone marrow transplants.  And, now with God as my guide I am quitting my job in order to go to a Ministy school out in northern California. 

Currently I am working my last night shift on unit 4 Peds BMT!  It seems crazy that this day has already come.  I am left with some bittersweet feelings.  It is exciting to be stepping out and following God's leading.  At the same time, scary since I am leaving everything that I know in order to move across the country for 9 months.  I have never lived out of Minnesota for a long period of time!  Over and over I keep thinking that I am out of my mind.  But I guess when God says go...you drop everything and Go! 

I know that I will greatly miss everyone here in Minnesota... friends, family, coworkers!  You all have made a huge impact on my life in so many ways!  Well...since I am at work I should probably focus on my work for my last night!  I would appreciate all your prayer!  Here are some specific prayer requests for the next few days....

      1.  A restful last few days in Minnesota and that I will be able to tie up all the loose ends!
      2.  A save drive out to CA!  I will be leaving this coming Thursday the 6th and taking 2 days to drive!
      3.  A continued focus on God that He has everything under control! 

(P.S...This is my first ever Blog...so I can't promise that it is going to be that great...but I will do my best!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, Praying for you as you start this exciting adventure!!! Love you, Holly <><

    ReplyDelete